Sample Award and Testimonials
California Regional Environmental Education Community (CREEC), a California Department of Education-funded network of educators, added Schools Power units of study to its resource directory of approved environmental education programs for students throughout California. This award resulted from their positive assessment of instructional materials performed against the CREEC Network criteria for quality environmental education.
Mark Sontag, Mathematics and Science Curriculum Coordinator,
Irvine Unified School District, California
“Schools Power curriculum was a great fit for the 5th and 6th graders to follow 4th grade electricity education. The lessons look at all forms of sustainable energy and include great hands-on experiences.”
Nicki (Louise) Smith
Principal, Ohlone Elementary School,
Palo Alto Unified School District, California
“We used Schools Power curriculum for our nine 4-5 multiage classrooms in an Earth Science program, which focused on how Ohlone might decide to use solar energy at our school as a possible course of action to help mitigate Climate Change.
The materials facilitated easy adoption into our school year calendar as an Earth Science curriculum extension and complemented our English-Language Arts program for the grade 4-5 levels. We found the teacher lesson plans and student instructional activities well correlated to both science standards and Common Core College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
The hands-on and project-based learning design of the curriculum proved highly effective in both engaging student interest and learning in the subject area. Students especially enjoyed applying their STEM and communication/collaboration skills in the real-world inquiries throughout the curriculum.
Schools Power provided teacher training and support that was responsive and successful in meeting our professional needs.”
School districts, schools, and community colleges that have recently purchased Schools Power solar energy curriculum packages include:
- Irvine Unified School District, Irvine, CA (36 K-12 schools)
- Joplin School District, Joplin MO (16 K-12 schools)
- Bullhead City Elementary School District, Bullhead City AZ (6 K-8 schools)
- Mingus Union High School District #4, Cottonwood AZ (1 9-12 school)
- Nogales Unified School District #1, Nogales AZ (10 K-12 schools)
- Winslow Unified School District, Winslow AZ (5 K-12 schools)
- Ohlone Elementary, Palo Alto Unified School District, Palo Alto, CA (1 K-5 school)
- Los Altos School District, Los Altos CA (8 K-8 schools)
- State Center Community College District (SCCCD), Fresno CA (4 community colleges)
- Templeton Unified School Districts, Templeton CA (4 K-12 schools)
- Bakersfield City School District, Bakersfield CA (43 K-8 schools)
- Fresno Unified School District, Fresno CA (106 K-12 schools)
- Stockton Unified School District, Stockton CA (61 K-12 schools)
- South Monterey County Joint Union High School District (3 9-12 schools)
- Shasta Union High School District (4 9-12 schools)