Schools Power Professional Development: The Secret Sauce for Success
Looking for an easy way to add lessons in renewable energies that apply and extend your students' stem skills?
Schools Power professional development empowers educators to engage students in hands-on instructional projects that help them think independently about how they can conserve the earth’s resources and take individual action.
The Schools Power experienced professional development team delivers expert training on how to best apply our lessons and web-based tools in the classroom. Schools Power workshops for teachers and administrators give you current perspective on renewable energy industry developments and insight into future energy trends, with the application of collaborative learning practices in the classroom.
Are you as a teacher committed to student achievement and application of STEM subjects?
Our professional development program will empower you to fulfill that commitment. We believe that teaching effectiveness in the classroom is a prime driver to student success. When you adopt Schools Power materials, you bring support-driven, project-based STEM learning experience into your science and math classes.
The Schools Power team knows first hand how important it is for teachers to encourage their students to develop independent thinking about renewable energy along with ways to conserve the earth’s resources and take individual action. We also know that teachers like activities that allow students to work cooperatively with interactive materials and rich media. This approach to teaching and learning accelerates students’ understanding about the links between earth science and renewable energy sources, while they are actively engaged in real-world applications of STEM skills. The Schools Power 10-Step Professional Development Program is available in both webinar and in-person format.
The Schools Power 10-Step Professional Development Program is available in both webinar and in-person workshop format.
Learn how to:
- Assess what you know about renewable energy
- Introduce procedures for using our web-based materials and tools
- Integrate your district’s energy conservation and renewable energy initiatives
- Convey current perspectives on renewable energy industry developments and future trends
- Prepare to teach the units of study
- Navigate lesson materials and assessments
- Integrate your existing technology with the materials and resources
- Find and use additional online resources
- Find and use images of renewable energy in action and live energy feeds available on our website
- Guide students in completing the collaborative projects.
The Schools Power team knows first hand that changing your approach to teaching students about renewable energy works, because of their own experience in education and industry. We also know that working cooperatively with interactive materials and rich media accelerates student understanding of the links between earth science and renewable energy sources, while actively engaging them in real-world applications of STEM skills.